This policy was last updated on July 19, 2018
This Policy is divided into sections for the convenience of the reader. If you would like to jump to a particular section, follow the links below:
- What types of choices do I have about your collection and use of personal information that I provide to you through your website or mobile application?
- Can I access and request correction of personal information I provide through the website or mobile application?
- If I am using the site from outside the United States will the information collected through the site be transferred to the United States?
- What if I use your website or application from the European Union or the European Economic Area (EEA)?
What types of information are collected through this site or mobile application?
We may collect information from you if you visit our site or mobile application depending upon the features you use. We may collect personal information, such as your name, email address, user id and password, or other identifiers about you, credit card information, or other information that you may provide in the course of completing a form or transaction on our site or mobile application. We also may collect any photos, video, or audio recordings if you choose to submit them in the course of using the features of our pathogen or pest identification tool. While these tools are intended to collect photos and information about pathogen or pests alone, if there is other content in the photos, video or audio that you submit it will be collected. In addition, if you choose to submit a crop report, the location will be captured and tagged so that the crop report and related information can be displayed to users through our mapping feature.
In addition, we may collect information about the browser and/or device that you are using to access our website or mobile application (such as the type of browser or device you are using, browser settings, and the device identification number). Device information may or may not be personally identifiable depending upon whether it is linked to the identity of the user.
We may automatically log information, such as a user’s IP address, domain name, browser type, date and time of access, and other log file data. This information may be used to analyze trends or to administer and protect our websites and mobile applications. We may collect statistical or non-personally-identifiable information about our users, such as which pages are visited, how long a visitor stays on a particular page, the website from which a user came to our site, or similar such information. We also may collect aggregate information such as the total number of unique or return visitors to our site, using our application, or visiting a particular page in a given timeframe. We may use this information to measure the use of our sites and applications and to improve our content.
We may use Google Analytics, a third party provider of analytics tools or a similar third party service to analyze information about visits to our website. For information about opting out of Google Analytics please visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Yes, we may utilize “cookies,” web beacons and other similar technologies on our website. We may use first and/or third party “browser” or “HTTP” cookies, which are unique text files that may be used for data analysis, and enable our website to tailor information for the visitor. We may use browser cookies for purposes such as to personalize the user’s experience on our site, to remember a user when the user registers for products or services, for fraud prevention, or to track visits to our websites. We also may use “web beacons” (also referred to as pixel tags, clear gifs or other terms) or similar technologies to collect information such as how long a visitor remains on a particular page. If you do not want us to deploy browser cookies to your device when you visit our websites, you may set the browser to reject cookies or to notify the user when a web site tries to place cookies in the browser program (see below). Rejecting cookies may affect your ability to use some of features offered by the website. If you use our website without setting your browser to block cookies, you consent to the placement of cookies on your device.
Third parties, including our service providers may collect information about a visitor to our site over time and/or across different websites when the visitor uses our website. This information often is aggregate data or individual information that is tied to a browser or device rather than specific identifiers such as the visitor’s name and address, but some of this information might be considered to be personally identifiable under some federal or state laws.
What choices do I have about online tracking and the placement of cookies on my device?
Some Internet browsers offer what often is referred to as “do not track” mechanisms for browser users to automatically signal privacy preferences to websites that they visit. Our site does not currently respond to do-not-track-signals. You can exercise other choices available to you, including limiting the placement of browser cookies on your device using your browser’s cookie control features and other choices described in this Policy.
How is my information used?
We may use the information we collect through our sites and mobile applications for the following purposes:
- To provide you with services that you request, process payments for our services, and administer your account (if any);
- To communicate with you, including responding to requests for information and to facilitate communications that you may request;
- To improve and administer our websites and mobile applications;
- To better understand the needs of the users of our sites and mobile applications and create content that is relevant to the user;
- For marketing and market research purposes;
- To conduct research, generate statistics and create de-identified data;
- To personalize content for the user;
- To notify the user of any changes with our website or mobile application which may affect the user;
- To prevent fraud and investigate potential misconduct;
- If you submit a resume to us seeking a position with FARMWAVE we may use that information in the course of considering you for a position; or
- To comply with law and legal process.
We may retain personal information that we collect through our website for the duration of our relationship with you and for up to one year thereafter unless a different retention period is required by law.
What types of choices do I have about your collection and use of personal information that I provide to you through your website or mobile application?
You have a number of choices regarding our collection and use of information through our websites and mobile applications:
- In cases where you are requested to affirmatively provide information, such as to complete a form on our website, you may decline to do so. Please understand, however, that in some cases certain information is required to complete a task, and if you decline to provide the information requested you may not be able to use certain functionalities of our websites or mobile applications. For example, it is necessary to create an account and provide certain personal information to be able to submit photos, video, or audio and use the pathogen or pest identification capabilities of our site/application.
- If you would like to restrict our placement of cookies on your device, please see the FAQ “What Choices Do I Have About the Placement of Cookies on My Device?” above.
- If you prefer that we no longer contact you, please e-mail us at Privacy@FARMWAVE.io.
- If you would prefer not to receive e-mail marketing messages from us, please use the opt-out instructions included in the email message to opt-out of additional communications.
- You may be given additional choices in the context of particular preferences tools or functions that we make available through our website or mobile applications.
Can I access and request correction of personal information I provide through the website or mobile application?
Yes. You can access personal information that you submitted to us through our sites either by using mechanisms available through the site or contacting us. We require that an individual provide reasonable validation of his or her identity before we provide access to personal information we maintain. Exceptions to access and correction rights, to the extent permitted by law, may include:
- Where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the individual’s privacy in the case in question;
- Where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated; or
- With respect to individual requests for the correction or deletion of information, in cases where we are otherwise legally required to retain the personal information.
To request access to or correction of information or to make other requests regarding our processing of your personal data please use the features of our website or mobile application, where available, or e-mail us at privacy@FARMWAVE.io
How may personal information collected through this website or mobile application be disclosed?
- We may disclose information with your consent or as otherwise necessary or appropriate to process a transaction that you may request.
- Information you include in your FARMWAVE user profile and crop reports that you submit through our websites or mobile applications will be visible to other FARMWAVE users. In addition, if you join a “team” discussion group or send direct messages to another FARMWAVE user, information will be provided to other members of the team or the direct message recipient. It is important to remember that further use and disclose of information provided in the course of those online or in-application conversations by other parties to the conversations are beyond our control.
- We may disclose information that we collect through our websites or mobile applications with agents, affiliated businesses, and service providers providing services on our behalf.
- In the event that our company or some of our assets are sold or transferred or used as security or to the extent we engage in business negotiations with our business partners, the information collected on our websites or mobile applications, including this site, may be transferred or shared with third parties as part of that transaction or negotiation.
- If we receive a request from law enforcement officials or judicial authorities to provide information on individuals, we may provide such information. In matters involving claims of personal or public safety or in litigation where the data is pertinent, we may use or disclose your personal information without a court order.
- We may use information you submit to investigate security breaches, misconduct, or otherwise cooperate with authorities pursuant to a legal matter.
Do you take steps to safeguard information I provide through the site or mobile application?
FARMWAVE takes reasonable precautions to protect personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
If you use this site or mobile application, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any user ID and password or other access credentials that you may be provided. You should notify us immediately if any user ID and password or other access credentials we may issue you are compromised.
Does your site contain links to other websites or social media platforms?
If I am using the site from outside the United States will information collected through the site be transferred to the United States?
This site is designed primarily for users from the United States. By using this site, users from other countries consent to the transfer of any personal or other information collected to the United States and housed on servers in the United States and your information will be subject to use and disclosure in accordance with this Policy and applicable United States federal, state, and local law.
What if I use your website or application from the European Union or the European Economic Area (EEA)?
- Our legal basis for processing information about you that we collect about you through our website is our legitimate interest as a data controller to administer our website.
- We process payment information and other personal data about our subscribers to carry out our contract for services, provision of such information is necessary to subscribe to our service.
- In cases where you are asked to provide your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time, although this will not affect the lawfulness of our processing prior to your withdrawal of consent.
- In the case of processing involving passive data collection and other processing for the administration of our websites and mobile applications, such processing is undertaken pursuant to our legitimate interests as a data controller.
- We may process personal data where necessary for our compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- We also reserve the right to process personal data in the event we believe doing so is necessary to protect the rights of the data subject or another person.
You have rights to data access, rectification, erasure, to restrict or object to processing, and data portability to the extent these rights are required by law.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact us using the email address or postal mail address provided below. You also have the right to file a complaint with your data protection authority if you have concerns about the manner in which we are processing your personal data.
How do you comply with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”)?
COPPA regulates the collection of personal information online from children under the age of 13. This site is not intended or designed to attract users under the age of 13 or to collect personal information from such users. We do not collect personally identifiable data from any person we know to be under the age of 13 and those under 13 should not submit any personal information through this site. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 we will remove the information from our files.
How will changes to this Policy be communicated?
Who can I contact with questions regarding this Policy?
If you have questions concerning our privacy practices, contact us at: privacy@FARMWAVE.io or contact us by mail at FARMWAVE, Attention: Privacy and Data Protection, 3820 Mansell Road, Suite 150 Alpharetta, Georgia, 30022, USA.
This policy was last updated on July 19, 2018.